Health & Attendance
Is my child well enough to go to school?
The following information is intended to help with this decision:
- If your child has a fever of over 100 degrees or more, he/she should stay home for 24 hours after the fever has broken and remains normal without medication.
- If your child has vomited or had diarrhea, he/she should stay home until 24 hour after the last episode.
Regular attendance is essential for good progress in school. We monitor attendance each day to verify when and why children are absent. A student is required by law to attend school. If they miss a school day or part of the day, for legitimate reasons, a parent or guardian must notify the school. A parent or guardian must seek an excused absence, however, the school administrator has the right to accept or deny an application for an excused absence.
- Tardies: A child will be marked tardy if they arrive to school between 7:45a - 8:30a.
- ½ Day Absence: If a child arrives after 8:45 am or leaves before 1:45 pm they will be considered absent for a half day (either AM or PM).
- Early Release: ***Important***
- If a child leaves school after 1:45 p they will be marked as either an excused or unexcused early release.
Three (3) unexcused tardies/early releases will be considered ½ day unexcused absence.
If we do not hear from you by 8:45 am, it is our practice to call your home or work number to determine the whereabouts of your child.
*When bringing your child in late, an adult must sign him/her in at the office.